10 Steps to Installing Trim Codes:
Follow the steps below to install the software, purchase a license and protect your engine from future malfunctions.
- Visit www.delphitrimcode.com to access links to download trim code software and purchase a license
- Download the complete “How To” guide for detailed instructions.
- Download the ECM Serial Number GrabIt program.
- Connect your computer and NEXIQ™ USB Link box to the Vehicle Diagnostic Port.
- Run the GrabIt program to obtain your ECM serial number.
- Download the Trim Code Upload Software that is linked at the top of the page.
- Purchase a license by following the link at the top of the page.
- Again, connect your computer and NEXIQ™ USB Link box to the Vehicle Diagnostic Port, also ensuring you have a good Internet connection.
- Start the DelphiTrimLoader.exe file.
- Follow the steps in the “How To” guide to either load trim code files or swap injectors between cylinders.
Why are trim codes important?
The trim code affects timing and fuel delivery throughout the ECM map. The trim code is supplied on a CD in the box with the injector and should be uploaded to the ECM. Failure to do so may result in poor engine performance, rough idle, poor fuel economy, increased emissions, and could also result in engine damage.
Install Unique Trim Code. For Best Performance. Every Time.
Unique trim code for required injectors must be uploaded to the engine ECM for proper engine performance.
Delphi C7 and C15 injectors are supplied with a unique trim code developed during the remanufacturing process. The trim code is a critical part of the injector. It is as important as the o-rings, the nozzle or the plunger and ensures optimal engine performance by compensating for variations in injector flow and timing.
These injectors should never be installed without installing the trim code. The trim code is supplied on a CD in the box with the injector and should be uploaded to the ECM using www.delphitrimcode.com.